The long hallway of the Mansion’s upstairs western wing, constructed in the 1920s by Waite Phillips, leads visitors to various bedrooms once reserved for the children of the families that lived here. There were a total of five children’s bedrooms, four with adjoining Jack and Jill bathrooms equipped with fixtures built at a shortened, child accessible height. A private bathroom adjoined the last bedroom and since it did not include an outdoor window, builders added a hallway window to gather light from the window across the hall. All hallway rooms were originally half their size, but were expanded to the south by Frank Kistler in 1929-1930. During the Metro District’s 2010-2012 renovations to the Mansion, shared walls in the last four bedrooms were removed to create large areas that could better accommodate meetings, conferences, and other events held by community groups and organizations.