07 Dec Art of the Flower Pastels Workshop
Jan. 24-26, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Plan to join Terrie Lombardi, pastel painter of the flower, in this inspirational fun and relaxed floral workshop. This indoor workshop is open to all levels of students and will be hosted by the Highlands Ranch Mansion. Students learn and practice composition, values, color and building of pastels, edges and finishing. Terrie has developed her own vision and gutsy application and technique of pastels, for floral images which demonstrate a rich expressive use of color and value. Her class will emphasize the technique of using turpenoid and pastels to create an under painting before adding layers to finish a beautiful floral painting.
– Wallis or Art Spectrum Paper – 2 sheets in cream or white
– Pastels – hard and soft – darks to lights
– Drawing board or support board
– Masking tape
– Portable easel – table or standing
– Odorless turpentine – small glass jar
– #6 or #8 brush-bristle
– Chamois or some sort of soft cloth
– Fixative (workable)
– Floral photos to work from
To register you can email email@example.com or call 303-791-0177.